The Leadership Training Program (LTP) is a blended learning approach where participants engage in a rigorous six-week program delivered via an online platform and facilitated by the NICHE team.
During the six-week LTP your team will:
- Engage in online webinars complemented by practice-based assignments
- Work with NICHE faculty who facilitate online discussion forums, guide interactive calls, host engaging webinars and share best practice experiences
- Review implementation and planning techniques
- Develop a sustainable action plan to help implement the program into organizational practices
- Learn clinical, financial and organizational measurement approaches to evaluate program effectiveness
- Earn 30+ continuing education credits
- Leadership Training Program Overview
Upcoming Session Dates
Session I: February 7, 2017
Session II: June 6, 2017
Session III: October 3, 2017
How Does the Leadership Training Program Work?
Each individual hospital must register a core team for the Leadership Training Program. Multiple hospitals within systems must register a core team for each individual hospital.
Participants engage in a rigorous six-week program delivered via a web-based platform and facilitated by the NICHE team. The designated NICHE coordinator at each hospital receives tools to plan and prepare how the course will be delivered over the six-week period. All the tools and resources are provided to participants. The LTP will give your team the opportunity to:
- Have on-demand access to comprehensive program topics including: an overview of NICHE models, staff education; other clinical, financial, and organizational measurement approaches to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Receive readings and assignments to guide the planning of NICHE implementation in your hospital from the NICHE Implementation and Planning Guide and the book Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice.
- Develop an Action Plan, which will be reviewed and discussed with your team by a NICHE expert. This is an essential step in becoming a NICHE designated site.
Who Should Attend?
At a minimum: three people responsible for steering the initiative: a nurse clinician leader, a clinical educator, and an administrator or manager.
Recommended: in addition to above, direct care staff and other disciplines (medical, rehab, social work, pharmacy, etc.).
Cost to Attend
The cost of the Leadership Training Program for new sites is $4,950 per hospital, which covers the cost of the three initial participants and all program materials. Additional participants are $350 each. Existing NICHE sites can train additional staff members at a price of $1,650 each. Lower prices are available for small and critical access hospitals.
For more information about NICHE, contact our team today.